The Duchess - the story behind the world’s first non-alcoholic gin & tonic
95 days ago
Proudly South African “The Duchess” is the world’s first alcohol-free gin and tonic.
Launched in 2016, The Duchess has won numerous awards and successfully broke into the UK, Belgium and the Scandinavian countries.
Researchers from the UCT Graduate School of Business produced a case study looking into its remarkable success.
Entitled “Drink The Duchess: Marketing Challenges and Opportunities Encountered when SMEs Internationalise” – it won first prize at the 25th CEEMAN & Emerald Case Writing Competition.
The Duchess is the creation of Johannes le Roux, a Cape Town-native with a marketing background.
Listen to the interview in the audio below.
Get the 10 most-read articles of the week from Bruce Whitfield’s The Money Show, emailed to you every Friday morning:
Recently heard on air
- AKA - All Eyes On Me (feat.... Download
- Kanye West - Gold Digger Download
- Ed Sheeran - Photograph Download
- Camila Cabello - Liar Download
- Kyle Watson - I Got You (feat.... Download
- Justin Timberlake - Mirrors Download
- RIDE IT - DJ REGARD Download
- TLC - Waterfalls Download
- Jonas Brothers - Only Human Download
- Matthew Mole - Holding On Download