[LISTEN] 15 Rude things to never do at a funeral
6 days ago
When people are grieving there's a certain set of unwritten rules that we should always abide by; a certain etiquette to follow. Sometimes we witness some strange behaviour that's not considered appropriate in the setting.
One of those settings is a funeral. The #FreshOn947 team compiled a list of 15 Rude things to never do at a funeral - based on personal experience and the experiences of others.
Here are 15 Rude things to never do at a funeral:
- don't take selfies/funeral pictures
- don't make empty promises (i.e.: adopting the kids, paying for school fees, etc.)
- don't use a funeral as an opportunity to network
- don't ask for a selfie with a celebrity who is also attending
- don't tell someone how to grieve - people grieve in their own way
- don't make negative comments about the deceased
- don't post on social media that you're at a funeral #DeadThings
- don't make it about YOU
- don't every say that they are in a better place
- don't ask invasive questions
- don't slip out the back (don't just go to show face)
- don't be a distraction
- don't bring your own food
- try dress appropriately
- don't take pictures without permission
- don't be on your phone
- don't arrive late
We hope these will help ensure that we all show the appropriate respect to the grieving friends and family.
Listen to the full moment below and download the podcast to share with your friends...
FRESH ON 947
Catch the #FreshOn947 team every weekday from 15:00 - 19:00 on 947.
The sound of incredible music to keep you company, his signature laugh and a team of absolute gems. Fresh, alongside his team Mantsoe Pout, and Shannon.