Here's how and where to donate to the #CapeTownFires relief efforts
- Four fire stations are currently accepting drop-offs for the firefighting crews
The following items can be delivered to the Roland Street Fire Station, Sea Point Fire Station, Salt River Fire Station, and Fish Hoek Fire Station:
- Energy bars
- Energy drinks (not fizzy please)
- Wet wipes
- Coffee sachets
- Easy snacks
- Ready-made sandwiches (individually packaged)
- Eye drops
- Lip ice
- Deep heat lotion
- Deep freeze lotion
- UCT has an Emergency Relief Fund where donations can be made
UCT Donations Account, Standard bank of South Africa, Account Number 07 152 2387
- UCT SRC accepting donated goods in the city bowl and in Pinelands
Clothes, toiletries, and non-perishable foods can be dropped off at the Graduate School of Business (GSB) at the V&A Waterfront or at Old Mutual Pinelands, West Campus
The UCT SRC is also accepting assistance with the transportation of donations to various hotels housing students.
It's also appealing to businesses for donations of personal protective equipment (PPE).
Contact the UCT SRC via WhatsApp on 076 964 1853 upon arrival at the GSB.
- Gift of the Givers Bank details: Standard Bank, Pietermaritzburg, Account number 052137228, Branch Code 057525. Ref UCT Fire
- Old Mutual has made its west campus building available on Jan Smuts Drive as a drop-off collection point for food, drinks, and personal items such as toothbrushes ( No clothing is required)
Only food and drinks items are requested such as tea, coffee, milk, sugar, butter, jam, bread, rice, oil, vegetables, snacks, renegade and water, as well as muffins, biscuits and cakes, says Imtiaz Sooliman, Founder and Chair - Gift of the Givers.
Personal items such as toothbrushes and toothpaste are also needed.
- Cape of Good Hope SPCA needs donations in aid of emergency response
The Cape of Good Hope SPCA emergency response efforts are underway.
Inspectors have a desperate need for a second-hand trailer to be able to transport emergency supplies.
People can make monetary donations towards the emergency response on the SPCA website here.
The SPCA is also accepting donations of dressings, bandages, Silbecor ointment, cool packs, fresh fruit and vegetables for the animals, and supplies like energy drinks, energy bars and eyedrops for the team in the field will be highly appreciated.
These donations can be dropped off at the SPCA's Grassy Park premises. Alternatively, you can drop off donations at Absolute Pets Stores in Flamingo Vlei (Tableview), Welgemoed, Cape Gate, Gardens, Constantia and Cavendish.
- Pick n Pay has set up collection points at stores across Cape Town
Customers can purchase some of the recommended items in store and add them to the collection points. The goods will be distributed to the fire crews and evacuated students and displaced residents.
Monetary donations can also be made at till points and Pick n Pay customers can also donate their SmartShopper points to the fire relief efforts.
Listen to Ali Sablay from Gift of the Givers and Jarret Van Vuuren of Pick n Pay as they give details of what can be donated:
We'll keep updating this article as more information emerges.
This article first appeared on CapeTalk : Here's how and where to donate to the #CapeTownFires relief efforts